Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you told you baby's father that you are going to file for child support and he moves to mexico!?


Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • If my DDs father would have left her life completely for the state alloted time for abandonement, I would have his rights taken away. If this just happened give it some time, but still file for support. He may move back and if he starts working you will get support. Who knows whats going on in his head, men think paying CS is the worst thing ever. Try taking care of a sick and crying baby all alone. It's a heck of a lot easier to just fork over some cash then actually be responsible for a child.

    Answer by camiam81 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • Get an attorney and have his rights terminated is what I'd do, personally.

    Answer by AAAMama at 3:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • I wouldn't have told him. But he can do that if he just goes to show how much his child ISN'T a priority in his life.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • Still file anyway, he would come back some time.

    Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011