This is such a stupid question, I know... Net10 and prepaid in general

I've had Straight Talk, and I've been doing research for a couple of days now about a new phone because mine is a POS. I FINALLY found a phone from Net10 that has REALLY great reviews (nothing below 4.5 out of 5 stars on any site I've read about it, which has been about 15 now), and Net10 is actually available in my area (we have limited pre-paid options here).

But, the phone isn't available in any of the stores in my area. The nearest stores that have it are the next to nearest Radio Shacks which are each about 1.5 hours away, but still in my state. If I buy the phone from one of them, will I be able to use it around here?

I know that sounds really stupid, but DH bought a Tracphone a few years ago from a Walmart or something in another city and he couldn't use it around here. My mom says that she has no problems from her prepaid phones and using them in other areas, but because of that one incident, I'm not sure!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Technology

• yes, as long as when you register, you put in your zip code. you might be able to order the phone offline as well
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I bought my phone for Net 10 at Walmart. It seems to work in areas even when the expensive phones others around me have won't!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would order it online, but if everything works out tonight, we'll be driving right by one of the Radio Shacks because we have to return something for my mom (plus, it's on sale and the sale will be ending pretty soon, I think).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011