Potty Training - Tips, hints, HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!

I just put my 2year old in big girl undies, I asked her does she go pee in her big girl undies, she said no, i asked her where does she go pee at, she said potty. I told her when she has to go, she runs to the potty. But I know that there's going to be a ton of accidents =[ This is the first time trying to really potty train her, all the other times I gave up because it was too frustrating and my patience flew out the window. I'm determined this time!!!! I have put lollipops in the bathroom, out of her reach of course, to reward her for going on the potty. But what else do I do? Keep asking her every 5 min lol? take her every 30? =[ i'm desperate for help!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is what I did and thought it worked good and fast. Did the whole explaining about big boy pants etc. Then set the time for every 30 minutes. When it went off we would walk to the potty and try. His reward was STICKERS, he loved stickers, all stickers, almost any kind. For several week ahead I bought lots and lots of stickers and put them in a container he could see. When he peed he could pick out one sticker but when he pooped he could take out 10 stickers. It worked GREAT!!!! Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ask her every 10, and tak her eer 20 mins. Also when she has an accident have her wash out the undies, she will get tired of it and want to go potty in the toilet(of course you have to wash them better after she did it but it teaches her) also idk what you use for a potty but they have little tiny seats that fit on your seat and they have characters ike dora etc.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Well my sister was potty trained with cheerios..... they llike too see them in the toilet floating in the water
    stacienjay09

Answer by stacienjay09 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Take her every 20 minutes or so. Wait longer if there is no progress after a week or more. No punishments of any kind. They are trying to master something that their body has to be ready for. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011