Bleeding from Teething?

My 6 m old woke up screaming and had dried blood on his face and a pool of drool and blood on his sheets. Is it normal for the first tooth to bleed. I also think its his back moler I can't see anything but i feel a little sharp spot on his top back gum. Has anyone heard of a moler popping out first?

KittyCalais

Asked by KittyCalais at 3:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never heard of bleeding from teething. If it was a lot I would take him to the doctor. because there is no way for you to know that the blood came from a tooth.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i agree at least i would call his dr. That is weird i have never heard of that
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• When my son was first cutting teeth he would have blood tinged drool sometimes and I would freeze washcloths for him to chew on, and sometimes there would be blood on those...However, there was never that much blood. And I have never heard of a molar coming out first, but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible??

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 3:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• omg..id pass out...

no i never heard this before are u sure its from teething??????

call the doctor,
    Anonymous