What did you spend your tax return on?

Besides some bills, & new brakes on hubby's truck, we just got our new bed delivered today! Cant wait to try it out :) Did you get anything fun? How did you stimulate our lovely economy? -lol

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• We can't find anyone cheap to do them. With us jobless.. And my having Cancer & numerous all year long treatments. We have NO money. Since DH only had Unemployment comp. I'm sure we won't get any Refund! And Wow if ever in my Life we needed a refund its now! DH would have been at his job 25 years! But he lost it & our insurance over 2 years ago. We always used any refunds towards our property Taxes and bills we're behind on. Then hopefully a meal out! Not this year either. Good Luck on all getting refunds. May you get something spoiling you hope for!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 4:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Dh bought me a car :-), we fixed his then he decided he didnt want it, so he got himself a car (sold his first), spring clothes for the kids, DSi's for the boys, and a huge bday party & toys for dd. I also paid my oldest ds' traffic ticket.

Answer by gemgem at 4:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• DH hasn't even FILED our taxes yet, and I don't know where his tax info is, so I can't. It's REALLY starting to irritate me. When we DO FINALLY get it, it will go towards bills, savings and a few things we want/need.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We paid our rent up for a year :) We also got a new laptop, and paid up all our bills. That was about it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Angelinda: I don't live far from you and I do the taxes for my whole family. I am willing to do them for FREE if you would like.

We will use our refund for our summer vacation. We don't get much back so it just is a little supplement of what we spend.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We put it in savings.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Still haven't filed but may be doing that this coming week. We hope to get enough to buy new kitchen appliances.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I didn't, it went straight into the bank account.

Answer by older at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We didn't get much back at all...just the little bit that we overpaid because we never added an exemption at work for our youngest daughter. It was enough to pay for my ultrasound and one of my credit hours at school this semester, so nothing fun, but that is okay, I guess.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• bills & a wooden swing set from Wal-Mart
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011