This so important to me

I am supposed to have a vaginal birth, but my dr. says its going to be a sceduled c-section. I ave heard of a v-back before from 19 kids and counting. (please dont laugh) just kidding. Lo Yes i do watch that tv show. But is it possiable to deliver vaginally after c-cection.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is possible but doctors go for the safe route so they don't get sued.....

Answer by older at 4:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• it is but it is risky
    is this your first pregnancy? if it is get a second opinion
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 4:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I had an emergency c-section with my first child (who unfortunatly passed away) with my 2nd I had a VBAC but this was at Kaiser, I'm having THIS baby at Sutter Hospital and they are telling me that they don't usually do VBAC's so I may end up having another C-section...I think it all just depends on how much scarring you have from the C-section and what hospital you go to. Good Luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• it can be done but it is risky becuause the scar tissue from the c-section could rupture during a v bac delivery
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• The risk is actually only about 1-2% that your scar could rupture. You can find doctors that will do VBACs. I really hope to have one, too (I will be heartbroken if I never have a vaginal birth). Some doctors won't do it for insurance purposes. Might be time to find a provider who will do one. Many midwives will perform them, too, and you have a much better chance of having a vaginal birth with a midwife, who won't push unnecessary interventions on you, all of which increase your chance of having a c-section. I hope you get to have your vaginal birth!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Also, can I ask why they're doing a scheduled c-section?
    musicpisces

• Not only is it possible, but it is SAFER for most women to deliver vaginally even after a cesarean or two or with multiples/other "complications."
    :-)

If you have a care provider that opts for convenience over safety, be sure that you know your Rights, you can't be forced into any unwanted procedure, and that you may change providers if you like.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have a scheduled c- section just meaning that they are a date that i will ahve the baby without me going into actual labor. I had one with my last pregnancy.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think the next tim e I have a drs. visit, I will tall it over with my dr. and she what she says. And to lucky209 Im sorry to hear abot your first pregnancy. Thanks for all the replys. I will keep you infromed on what choice i make and what my dr. Says. But i will go with what she say is safe.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yes
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011