How can I shave without these horrible itchy bumps?

I know my skin is super sensitive, I also have eczema. I've tried Nair and it ended up burning my skin after a couple uses. I've tried all sorts of lotions, razors, and shaving creams. I like shaving and getting super smooth skin, but I break out with a bunch of itchy red bumps that last for weeks. Any miracle products out there?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• well i never get bumps down there and i even taught my boyfriend how to shave his privates and he loves it...well first you dont never shave upwards you always go downwards with it...trust me it will never give u bumps after this.... just remember shave downwards never upwards..
    stacienjay09

Answer by stacienjay09 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I can't do the downwards shaving thing, it just doesn't get the shave close enough for me. But, after I shave, I put on some baby oil gel (Johnsons with the brown flip top lid) and I don't get the bumps you are talking about. That is the only thing that has worked for me. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I always, always get the 'razor rash' you are refering to, if I shave dry. I usually take my shower, allowing my legs to get warmed up by the water, then after Im all clean I shave- no rash. If you dont have the time to take a shower, get a wash cloth wet with warm/hot water, and drape it over your leg for a few minutes before shaving that area. I think maybe it has something to do with your pores o.O
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I used to get bumps all the time until a boss (who I hated with a vicious passion), said to try using conditioner instead of shaving cream. Love her for that! LOL! Took care of my problem. As far as shaving downward, that does help with the razor bumps, but I have never been able to get a "close" shave that way.

Also, it could be a sensitivity to the metal in your razor?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I use conditioner instead of shaving cream as well and it works wonders! It really moisturizes your skin. I stopped getting razor burn and my legs are so soft and smooth when I'm done shaving. I will never go back to shaving cream!
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 5:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• conditioner as a shaving cream.. (pantene because it has pathenal in it).. then a warm rag applied to skin after leg is shaved

also heard coochie cream works great
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Avon makes a good hair removal cream. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum It actually works pretty quickly so test patch it. Nair did nothing for me but this one does. There is also the option of laser hair removal. It might be less expensive than you think and most derms will do payment plans on it. Its worth calling about.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• coochie cream from pure romance!!! it's a life saver! i never had bumps again
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Na & you must avoid shaving to stop further complications...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 5:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2011