I your dr told you

that they think that this baby needs to be your last. And suggest that you get you get fixed. would you agree with her or would you get a second opion? Because after I had my twins My dr. told me that i wont be able to get pregnant again or if I did my baby or would not make it through. But he was wrong though i belived him because it took me 9 years before i concived again. And it was not planed but we figured we couldnt get pregnant because it hadnt happened untill then. And im pregnant again and alls going well this time even though the last one ended in miscarriage. I know that ths is lots to reasd but i can really use some oions. Thanks

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am really not sure what you are asking sorry. are you asking if you should get your tubes tied after this one?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Depends on what his reasons were and how they effected my health or the health of any children I may conceive later. That would be a hard choice I would have to weigh carefully if I thought I wanted to try for more. A second opinion may be something I decide to do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• A second opinion is always beneficial- even if they quote what your first doctor said. At least then you know it is an unbias fact.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Get a second opinion, it can't hurt. It's up to you and SO. How important is having another biological child?
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I am assuming he means for medical reasons, and if so, yes, I would take that advice. If it means putting your baby's health in jeopardy, or the possibility of taking you away from the children you have, definitely listen. My mother had an emergency hysterectomy after my brothers were born due to significant tearing and hemorrhaging, so there was no real "choice" involved.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Like some of the other mothers said, a second opinion couldnt hurt...although you didnt say WHY the doctor told you that you shouldnt have any more children, but I'm sure he's not just saying it to hear his head rattle, so it must be something medical, if that is the case I would get the 2nd opinion and if THAT doctor had a different opinon from the first I would get a 3rd....you want to be as informed as possible when it comes to your health and the health of any future children that you may want to have. Never can be too safe. Good Luck Mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• What is your medical condition?
    If it's really that risky you have other options.
    But I would definitely question such an Extreme Opinion.
    Other care providers may have opposite opinions so be sure to Shop Around before taking one opinion-advice on your Big Life Choices.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• So a doctor told you nine years ago that you couldn't/shouldn't have children anymore and now that you're pregnant (again) you want to know what to do about what the doctor said? ....nine years ago.

I am so confused as to what the question is. It almost sounds as if you want to go to his office and say, "Nah nah nah nah nah nah. I'm pregnant. You were wrong," all while wiggling your hands at the side of your head. And if that is the case, I advise against it.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 6:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think, that it would depend on the reason my doctor thinks this. If it was something that made sense to me, and I felt it would be dangerous to have another baby, AND, I was happy with not having any more children, I'd probably go ahead and get the procedure. If I had any doubt, I would seek a second, and possibly a third opinion before making any permanent decisions.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i told my DR that if he deemed it "unsafe" for me to have another baby to tie my tubes during my 3rd csection.... he did not because he said it all looked 'great' for another baby... while it is hard on my health (asthma and heart condition) there is no reason my uterus can't have another one... i trust my doc though...
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011