People judging your posts

I have just recently joined this site and I have already been offended by one member. I recently joined the Freebies group and I posted a legitimate link to a website that I belong to and one of their members immediately replied for everyone to ignore it and that it was spam. Why would someone do that? All I was asking was for people to check it out, not to give me their blood or first born. If that site is a scam then one of my friends is scamming me. I just took down my post and left the group, not to return. Is that the way most of the groups are ran around here, because if it is I may not be a member here for long. I don't think that I am being to sensitive, what is your take?

Kelly502

Asked by Kelly502 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Honestly, I don't do a lot with the groups section here. I'm a member to a few, but there is way too much drama in most of them for me. Don't take it to heart, a lot of people just want to make themselves feel important by calling spam without even doing their homework. I would look for a new group to participate in. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• what is the link you are trying to get people to look at?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's from experience that "new" members are more likely spam or trolls....so don't take offence...I would just mail the admin of that group and let them know it was legitimate and also review their rules for posting links (I personally don't know what it is).
    Anonymous

• it was for a website called instant cash, you answer short questions and either earn points for entries into a cash drawing everyday or you actually win small amounts of cash each time. I hope I am not being scammed, but I also think that if the person on here was concerned then they should have posted telling me so, not just saying that I am scamming people.
    Kelly502

Comment by Kelly502 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011