Don't know what I am going to do.....PLEASE no bashing.......update in blue

Found out today that I am about 6 1/2 weeks pregnant.....I know I should be excited but this was totally unplanned....we did not want another baby right now....I don't know how we are going to afford one.....I have no health insurance so I can't even set up an appointment and to top it all off I have type 2 diabetes that ive been trying to control but is difficult with the no insurance thing...our car is now too small to fit a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 2 yr old so a van will be a must at this point....but yet again the whole money thing comes into play.....With school and work and taking care of my babies I just dont know how we are going to do this....I just really needed to vent some.....thx

Just wanted to say thank you for the advice so far, My children may be close in age but like I said we were not planning another baby so all of my "baby" things are gone, even the crib, so this will be like having a first baby all over again, which is what really adds to the stress,  next week I will look into the insurance thing, as well as wic.  Baby is due Nov. 1 , so hopefully things will pan out...I know all things happen for a reason, its just still stressful right now.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hope things work out for you, good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's got to be very stressful right now for you. You do have some choices, but I'd wait until the shock of this news fades before even thinking about them. Sometimes, and I know this doesn't help you right now, but sometimes things just sort of come together and work out on their own.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No matter what your state has to provide you with medical insurance if u are prego!!!!!!!!!! So what if you will be on "welfare" for a whie thats what they ar there for!!!! Where I live they are called Dept of Economic Security and we DONT refere to it as welfare, if you need help you need help dont be ashamed!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know it's probably hard and things are pressing down but keep the faith :) Does your state have income based health insurance for expectant mothers with no or low income? I understand the pressure for a larger vehicle - I do get that. Just take it one day at a time. If breastfeeding is an option, that would be something to cut costs after baby arrives. I know it's not for everyone but it IS free. If not, there's WIC. I cloth diaper and I spent about $125 for diapers for 2 babies and have plenty to hang dry, etc. Those can be built up one or 2 at a time until you need them. Since you have younger children, you probably have crib, bedding, etc - right?

I know it's scary, especially when it was unplanned but congrats on the new blessing for your family - it'll all work out Mama :) Best of luck to you :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 4:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Go to Family services or whatever your state calls it. There is help out there for you. Sometimes these things happen, don't be to proud to get the help you need.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Not sure to which states it extends, but Pregnancy resource center is amazing! They will help you with everything you need, and like AAAMama said, WIC is sooooo helpful. I qualified for WIC, even when I couldnt qualify for food stamps. Call your local DHS office, or welfare office and see what types of services that you qualify for. I will definetly be praying for you (:
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know that it's a stigma for alot of people and looked down upon but like some of the mothers said "Welfare" is there for a reason, WIC is also a WONDERFUL program and provides you with ALOT of food. I take advantage of WIC myself and it sometimes gives us more food then we are able to consume...it really, really helps. As far as the insurance thing goes "Welfare" provides insurance for pregnant mothers and it provides insurance for the children until they are 21. Good luck with everything mama.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Social services will give you Medicaid if you are pregnant and cannot afford insurance. As for the van well you would be due until when? Maybe by that time you can figure out something car wise. Just take some time to think about things.

Answer by gemgem at 4:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• A lot of the things you mentioned seem like practical things that can be worked out. If you are not working, or even if you are, maybe working a dinner shift a couple nights a week plus what you can get trading in your car would be enough to buy a decent used van so you could avoid having a loan and more financial stress once the baby is born. I also know that, at least in my state, uninsured pregnant women are directed straight to the front of the line when it comes to medicaid coverage, which would allow you to get the medical care you need right away, at least until you can get other insurance for yourself.

Just try to worry about the practical things for the time being. See what you can do about getting your van and insurance. Other than that, the babies come home weighing a few pounds and with children so close in age, chances are you have everything basic you will need for this baby as well. Try not to stress mama!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• God has a plan for this baby that you are about to give birth to, keep eating a healthy diet and exercise. Greenbean juice is really helpful
    in keeping the blood sugars under control. Good Luck to you and your family.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011