Ways to play with a newborn?

I have a 2mnth old he's mostly awake wondering what most of do to play with your newborn wheter u use a baby gym exercise with them play dvds use puppets? How do u play?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 2 1/2 months and he plays in his play gym. I mostly interact with him. ill lay him on his back and do a bicycle motion with his legs he likes it. he also really enjoys watching his mobile. hope this helps
    1stbaby0511

Answer by 1stbaby0511 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No DVDs, interaction with you is much more valuable. Even just "wearing" baby in a sling or carrier while you go about your business with then is usually fun and educational for baby. I always talk to baby about what I'm doing. Everything is new and interesting to them!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• In a couple of weeks, he may enjoy a bouncer with music and lights that he can activate by pushing the toys (Rain Forest - Walmart), we also sit him in our laps and let him strengthen his core muscles, play kissy-face, patty-cake, head-shoulders-knees-toes, peekaboo, hold his hands and let him sit up for a minute or two, and then tummy time (barely tolerates it, but getting better), and laying him down on a blanket and holding toys over his head, seeing if he'll look side to side following them, etc. They are fun at this age. :) You can try most anything and see what he likes. Oh, and read to him. Your voice is important, too.

PS-too young for DVD's etc at this age. Let him look at his world around him before engaging in "the tube". (wink)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My 2month old loved rattles.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i play faces with my six week old all the time. i just imitate whatever face he is making, and i also try and get him to imitate my faces which he does sometimes. i also shake rattles at him, and i read him stories. the major key to playing with a newborn is interaction. just talk to your baby. talk about the mundane tasks you are doing around the house, and it may even make things a bit more interesting for you! Also try imitating all the faces and sounds he makes
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 4:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011