I have a 3 year old and a 6 week old and can't seem to get my house cleaned any suggestions?

The main problem is I have to bring the baby everywhere with me because my 3 year old wont leave her alone if I leave them in the same room without me supervising. My 3 year old stopped taking naps so I can't get work done until she goes to bed at 7 and I am exhausted by 9. HELP!!!

JaymeSignorello

Asked by JaymeSignorello at 5:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First I think that even though the 3 year old doesn't take naps doesn't mean that you can't get things done. When my kids were this age either I would have them help me or I would let them watch TV while I was cleaning the room they were in.  For example: If I need to clean the living room I would let her watch TV while I did that.  When I cleaned the kitchen I would either let her watch TV and I would check on her or I would have her in the room with me.  Also, if she is bothering the baby, then I would punish her in some way so she understands that she cannot do that. 

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• put your 3yr old in school. My little cousin started school when she was almost 3. she goes for 4 hrs mon-fri. your 6wk old must still sleep a lot. this will give you relaxing time as well.
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

minki111

• Your a mommy wouldnt worry bout the house :D lol but they have the baby slings you could put the baby in and keep your hands free :D Good Luck Mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have four kids and the only time I have to clean in at night when they all go to bed, Haven't found a better way.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• duct tape
    Anonymous

• make your 3yr old take a rest in her room, doesn't need to be a nap, just a rest with some books and/or quiet toys.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'd suggest a sling, AND getting the 3 year old to have some quiet time by herself in her room with a book or something. You can use the sling until it's 'quiet time' and then you can have a break from the sling, and so can the baby :) After that you can tell your 3 year old that you will play with her for a certain amount of time, but then she has to watch tv or come in the room you are cleaning while your baby naps or has some time to stretch. Good luck, Mama!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• lmbo @ duct tape.

Anywho - I feel the same way, and it seems everytime I do get the house clean, it's back to a mess within a couple hours. I suggest throwing away all toys, no only kidding =P I have my 2 year old sit on the couch ''reading'' her books or watching TV, while my 1year old is in her play pen either napping, or playing with a few toys while i'm cleaning. Or you can always clean after they go to bed, even though you're exhausted, clean and then relax in the tub. I find it super easy to clean when your constantly picking up after the kids throughout the whole day.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• the tick is to start making them clean up behind themselves ,and i gaurantee they will see how u feel , walking in behind them picking up behind them. i know because i had to break my twin boys and my eight year old so9n from tat habit.
    blessones

Answer by blessones at 6:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011