Seeing Santa

My 3 year old talked to Santa at the mall yesterday! He even told him he liked the airplane on the tree behind his seat. It was DS's idea to talk to him...he said "Mommy, I just want to talk to him...no sit on his lap." This is a big deal to me because last year he screamed bloody murder when he saw Santa. Do you make your kids sit with Santa just for the pictures or are you content with just letting them talk to him?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 3:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is only 5 months old, but I plan on taking her to see Santa for the first time this year! I hope she doesn't scream. :)
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 3:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I never made my kids sit on his lap if they didn't want to. How creepy would that be for a small child if they didn't want to do it. I think I would have nightmares! :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ahh...i dont let me kids beleive in a fictional character i know its cute and all ...but i just tell my kids truths no lies,
    Anonymous

• My daughter is really excited to see santa until she is on his lap...then she is really apprehensive and quiet. I don't force the issue and whether she is smiling or crying in the pictures really doesn't matter to me...its all cute! This year she has been talking about seeing Santa non-stop so we'll see how it goes!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008