Scared of getting pregnant on birthcontrol adult content

My husband and I have been using condoms for 2 1/2 years since our son was born and he doesn't want to use them anymore and asked me to get on birth control. So I made an appointment but I think I'll still be terrified of getting pregnant. What are the chances of getting pregnant on the pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It depends, you have to take it everyday at the same time for it to be highly effective. I wouldn't recommend the pill, but something like Mirena, Depo or Nuva Ring. It's more convenient, and you don't have to take it everyday. Talk to your health care provider for more options.
    Anonymous

• I think that you were probably more likely to get pregnant using condoms than birth control if you take it right. Before our first, I never got pregnant using birth control. If you are worried, I might consider options that you don't have to take and think about every day. For example, depo where you go in for a new shot every few months, or longer term, implanon (i think it is called), where they put a small rod in your arm and it is good for a few years.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I got pregnant with my second on the pill - and I took it faithfully every night at 10 pm. I got pregnant with my first while using condoms, though. I didn't feel "safe" until hubby got a vasectomy.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Well if you take the pill accurately then it should work, I am on the IUD and I don't need to remember to take anything! It's a good form of BC!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 6:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• im pregnant right now im 35 weeks and i was on yaz birth control and i got pregnant on the pill and i took it everyday at the same time too.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• about the same as with condoms... more if you forget to take them
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2011