My son suddenly HATES the bath!!!

since he was 6 wks old he has had the same routine, dinner, quiet time, bath, (recently added brushing teeth about 3 wks ago) and bottle/cuppy, then bed. He sleeps from 630 p,m to 7 a.m... he is now 11 months old and all the sudden he will NOT sit in the bath, he cries like crazy and just wants to get out?!?!?!?!?

WHAT THE HECK! this used to be his FAVORITE time of the day! he woudl sit in the bath for a half hour till the water got cold and i had to force him out!

has this ever happened to any of you?!

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 5:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes this happened with my son as well. He used to love the bath and one day BAM! He hated it. Its a phase and he will eventually grow out of it. It lasted a couple months with my son and now I can't get him out of the tub! I have to keep the bathroom door locked because he will go in there and try to draw his own bath.
    cms310

Answer by cms310 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• my daughter goes back and forth from loving it to hating it. we try to keep it enticing with the toys and such. new soaps and sponges. and i don't make her bathe everyday since we are a SAHM family right now and i don't think she really needs it.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 6:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, we went thru that as well. Phases of "Fun", then "torture", then "fun", then "torture". I'm sure the reasons vary, partly due to more awareness, then the fun of it, then independence, then the fun of it, then realizing it was connected to bed-time (if you don't bathe, you don't have to go to sleep, LOL) and we are now (thankfully) back to fun......for a while, I'm sure. BTW, DS is almost 4 and has gone thru these stages multiple times. This too shall pass. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If you're comfortable doing this, try showering with him.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It is just something children go through. Maybe try a shower.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2011