Do you limit the hours your child is on the computer?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 6:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Technology

• Most definitely. She only gets on the computer if everything is done and its crappy outside. And she asks first. Plus, she's only allowed on for an hour or so at a time. She's 8.
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 7:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It depends. First they do their homework (well my pre-schooler doesn't get homework yet, but my first grader and third graders do) then their rooms have to be picked up (it doesn't have to be pristine but I want toys put away and clothes to at least be put in the hamper if not brought down to the laundry room) and after that they can use the computers as much as they want if they're on game sites. After all that they only really get an hour or two each day.
    Anonymous

• Not generally. We use the computer a lot for our homeschooling and I let them play on certain sites if they want when their chores are done. Neither of my girls likes to spend a lot of time on the computer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No I dont have to really. They are too busy with other things so they kinda already manage their own time. They are on schedules so 30 minutes on the computer could be 30 minutes they get to play outside, watch TV etc.

Answer by gemgem at 6:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011