WHAT DO I DO ???

any advice moms? my dd plays very rough with the other kids she does not mean to hurt them but they always end up crying, if she gets hit she just gets up and keep playing even if they actually hit her she might cry for a few seconds and then she wants to go back and play I have tried to ground her and make her apologize to the other kids I have ground her and even spank her for playing like that but today she made a 11 yr old cry !!, she is only 4 she looks tall for her age 48" , she is skinny but she is kind of strong, she looks like she is 6 the 11 yr old was about my height 5'3. I don't know what to do about this i like that she can stand up for her self but she does not seem to understand how not to be rough while playing with other kids, she has epilepsy and the doctor has told me that "that is the way she is, her brain sent signals at all times she can't stay still" but i refuse to think that she is always be alone because she can't play nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Remove her from the situation the moment she plays too rough. Give her one warning explaining exactly what it was that was too rough. If she does it again, go home. If she can't learn how to control her play, other children will not play with her and she'll be on her own no matter what.

As the parent of a child who plays rougher than others, you also need to be within arm's reach of your daughter to stop her when her impulse gets the better of her.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• She's 4 and you try to ground her? That won't do a damn thing until he's like...10ish.

If it were my daughter, if she's doing it on purpose, I'd take her to the bathroom and bust her ass. If she does it by accident, then, no worries, just keep explaining that she is playing to rough. Use time out.

But the whole incident about making the 11 year old cry...I highly doubt that was accidental.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son does this on accident and on purpose and for the most part i take my son away from those children and he doesnt see them again b/c i feel i shouldnt have to tell my son not to stand up for him self.......i have an ex friend who calls him viloent b/c her child got pushed down for taken a toy from him and b/c my son bit another friends child and left a mark for having toy taken from him
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• This is a difficult one. you might want to contact a psychologist because this might be offecting her just as bad as it is offecting other ppl children. Good luck
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• its usually starts when they are playing I saw the other girl was tickling her and playing tag next thing I know the other kid is crying she said she was trying to do the same, they were not that far away and remove her as soon I heard the other one scream the other kid said she was able to hold her on the floor and she could not get away from her grip and got scared. I have spank her but that doesn't to make any difference I want for her to be able to defend herself but I don't want to be a like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011