Yaaay she went poop....IN HER UNDIES!!!!!!!!!! ='[ heeeeelp

We were doing SO good, although she hasn't peed on the potty today, she also hasn't peed anywhere else, but she JUST went pee AND poop in her FREAKIN UNDIES and didn't even tell me .... why? I didn't know potty training was THIS frustrating. I know she can't grasp it the first time, but I was expecting her to at least tell me she went in her BIG GIRL UNDIES!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL sorry :(
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 6:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• LOL i can't help but laugh...yes it is frustrating...wait till you put her on the potty, her not do anything, then 2 minutes after you take her off she pees on the floor. GL!!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Maybe she was embarrassed and didn't realize she would be caught out. It could be that she's having a little setback. Don't worry...she'll pick it up.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I JUST started today, so I know this is just the beginning, but I don't understand why she just can't tell me she has to go, or even run to the potty. I just want to give up and keep her in diapers. How do I know when she's even ready to potty train, maybe she's not?
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Just keep putting her in the underwear she will hate having pee or poop in her underwear and will eventually understand that she has to go to the potty. My daughter got the hang of peeing but pooping was another story. She would poop in her pants all the time and never in the potty and then one day she just started going in the potty. At night I make her wear a pull up but in the morning I make her put underwear on. She has only had one accident in her underwear since (knock on wood). I do put a pull up on when we leave the house but usually she doesn't go in the pull up.
    JaymeSignorello

Answer by JaymeSignorello at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• She will eventually - keep in mind, wearing her poop is pretty normal - that's what babies in diapers do - even if you change them quickly - that's YOU doing something - not them. She will get it, mom :) Just keep reinforcing :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If she hadn't went potty all day till 23 minutes ago you knew she was loaded--you should have made her sit on the potty till she went!!! I would have made her stand in the corner till she felt uncomfortable!!! I know I will be bashed for this--but hey my kids are potty trained and no one else did it (let me tell you)
    Anonymous

• you just started today? get a timer and set it for every hour, every half hour when she doesn't go until she does go, then it's back to every hour. while she's on the potty, you sit with her, sing songs, read books, play games, ect. best to have a box of books in the bathroom within reach. go out and buy resolve, it will be your best friend for a long time. keep the undies going. yes, it's frustrating, but you'll get it! GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• She has gone today, numerous times. But I JUST put on big girl undies on her around 4!!! So no, I didn't know she was loaded. I don't find standing in the corner til she feels uncomfortable effective for potty training, I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, that's the key.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• & thanks mommies, for the wonderful advice, i'm going to start new tomorrow, since it's almost bed time. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011