I can't believe i actually saw this. this poor boy's mom is killing herself.

i couldn't believe this when i saw it. i was at mcdonalds and this 300lb woman with a 3-4 year old son and her husband came in. she ordered a big mac, a mcchicken, a mcdouble, and a large fry just for herself!!!! they sat at the table next to us. before she ate she pulled out a diabetes test. last time i checked mcdonalds was a NO NO with diabetes. she tested her blood and i heard her say to her husband it was 300 something. she then proceeded to eat all 3 sandwiches and fries. if i was sick like that i would put the fast food behind and do anything to get healthy for my child. this kid is going to lose his mother. i think that's really selfish that she puts junk food before her child. her blood sugar was over 300 so i can only imagine what else she was eating. poor child. some ppl just need to wake up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• Yeah, watching someone commit suicide in front of their child is never fun. Unfortunately there are soooo many obese people in the states now, that being healthy automatically makes you a "food nazi". I was once obese, now I am not. I have EVERY right to speak up when I see someone killing their self in front of a child.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have EVERY right to speak up when I see someone killing their self in front of a child.

And how do you come to that conclusion? I don't remember reading in the Constitution that you have the right to be a nosey bitch just because you lost weight. I lost 50 pounds over 5 years ago but that doesn't give me the right to lecture perfect strangers on what they should be eating.
    Anonymous

• It's easier said than done, food is an addiction for some, just like drugs. It's also a comfort thing, and not something that's easy to overcome!!!!
    Anonymous

• People do harmful things every day - drive too fast, drink too much, smoke, etc. This really isn't any different.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It is really none of your business.

Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would have minded my own business and I know because having lost over four hundred pounds myself no one can make her do anything even shame she needs to want it herself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Even though what she is doing is not healthy for her you have no right to judge her like that. Feel sorry all you want, but don't act like you know her story.
    Anonymous

• Yes yes it is sad....& thats why I'm working on my weight, I'm 199lb 5'3 & boarderline diabetic I need to lose about 50lb & I will feel like I'm where I need to be. Everyones body is different. it is oh so very sad.....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Oh this AGAIN ... every other day someone has a story like this and comes on cafemom and rants about it.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think it's funny and sad at the same time that people automatically KNOW what a person weighs just by looking at them. How did you develop this magical skill?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011