For those with high school seniors....

Does your senior know where they are going to college?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My son joined the army his jr year and went to basic between Jr and senior year and was back in the army full time a week after graduation
    My daughter knew she wanted to get back to Colorado so she enrolled at Red Rock Community college but didnt have solid plan until the fall so started spring semester
    My daughter who is currently a senior and an A/B Advanced Placement student decided she isnt going to college next semester which is strange because for YEARS her goal was an ivy league school ... go figure. She does want a degree in hospitality so I cant see her going more than a semester out of school.

The 3 oldest got their GED one is going back to school this summer , one will live with his grandmother forever (don;t ask) and the other is auditing classes with her husband who is in seminary.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My daughter is a sophomore and knows where she's going. She's doing concurrent enrollment her Junior and Senior years to get as many credits in as she can before she actually graduates.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son is a senior and he is going to a community college first .
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• no not quite. But she know she will be going.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Mine is going to the Marines
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son is starting in the Army Reserves
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I didn't know where I wanted to to college my senior year. I didn't even know what I wanted to go to college for. But I did realize the importance of college, so I took classes at the community college. Then I ran off and got married and stopped going to school for a few years. I'm taking my final classes for my Associates in elementary education now.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, he received acceptance letters from the colleges he applied to and made his choice shortly thereafter.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My kids are all grown and out on their own, I'll bump you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The 2 that went on to college found their colleges during their senior year. They applied to several, got acceptance letters from all and then chose their school after tours. My 20yo joined the Army during his Senior year and left for BCT 2 mos. after he graduated. My 23yo thought he knew it all and he quit high school the day after he turned 18 and moved out the day he turned 18 because he knew we'd kick him out when he quit school. He now regrets that choice.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011