A positive note on Obama......

Obama has dedicated time to neighborhood projects in poor communities.
He spoke at an event for K.I.D.S., a charity supporting disadvantaged children. He says of the charity, “It is time for a sense of empathy to infuse our politics in America… K.I.D.S. has spent over 20 years making this a reality. Now it is time for the rest of us to catch up. I look forward to making that happen.”
Obama spoke at a charity event for girls in Omaha, helping to raise $154,000 for the group.
In 2007, Obama created a “doodle” which netted nearly $7,000 in an auction for NF, Inc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Thank you, I like to see positive!!
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Thank you! I really am excited about our new president!!! He rocks :D
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 4:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have a niece with NF, this is fantastic news.
    The link spelled Barack's name wrong. I don't know why I notice these things, I just do.
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 4:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• and just what was that doodle of?? Karl Marx? or a giant wallet in the sky? inquiring minds want to know.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ok, i see the story. first of all, it was not a doodle orginally intended for charity. he was bored while in the senate!! not paying attention and voting "present" .
    Anonymous

• I think one of the reasons why people are always saying that Obama is so "inspirational" is because he calls on us to help each other. To act out in service of one another. It is so empowering to have a leader call on the people to DO something to help our country other than shop. I am so excited to be a part of a new administration that uses our greatest national resource for the greater good, the citizens of our great nation!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Ohh joy the drama queen is back

Anonymous

• Inquiring winds want to know how........only on c-m

Anonymous

• akinbottom2 and just what was that doodle of?? Karl Marx? or a giant wallet in the sky? inquiring minds want to know.

do you not know how to "use the google"?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008