Do you eat Meat? adult content

I have to say, I've seen enough to know how awful animals are treated but I came across another one and it was so shocking to me, I had to turn it off. I eat fish and free range/organic chicken. Makes me think twice. All newborn male chicks are put into a "grinder" alive to kill them. Who knew? So many other awful things...

Have you ever thought about where your food is coming from? Ugh.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 6:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We consume meat from local farmers - it's more healthy and doesn't have unknown or unhealthy growth hormones, etc included plus you can see what they're doing to the animals....
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes I eat meat---no I do not think about it
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 6:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• You don't NEED meat to live. I eat red meat rarely but once in a while I crave it. I don't eat chicken at all. I will eat fish a couple of times a week. I prefer vegetables so that's mostly what I eat.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We are trying to cut down & eventually eliminate it, its hard and we don't eat it that often maybe twice a month.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yes i do eat meat i am wiht you on the free range. It is aweful what is done to the animals I do agree
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes I do eat meat
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• OMG AAAMamma where do you live I WOULD love to be able to do that!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes I eat meat, no I don't think about where it comes from or how it got on my plate. We can't all be perfect all the time and my downfall is my love of steak, chicken, and bacon. And I can't say that I care where it came from as long as it's cooked how I like it, and I don't feel guilty.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm not against meat at all, we need it to live. But I would think there would be more humane ways of killing then torture, which is what it is.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We also have butchers in town that buy from local farmers, and it is nice knowing that your food comes from someone who has taken pride in the way they raise their animals instead of packing them in stalls as tight as they will fit and killing them nastily.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011