How come

My husband is a total hypocrite. He says negative things about my family all the time and the one time in four years I say something about his precious brother, he gets mad and storms out.

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• He can't handle the truth.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 7:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Let it go he is th one with the problem.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Some people are just like that. I would point it out to him and talk about it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Storm out next time he talks about your family.

Seriously, ignore him. He is the one with a problem. Let him be mad. When he is ready to act like an adult I would calmly discuss this problem with him.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Point out to him all the things he says. My LP is honestly one of the most critical people I know and I don't think he even sees it until after I point it out to him. This morning he asked me why I looked so cranky, and I told him that he slept 2 hours more than me, told me that the coffee was burned (left it on), that he doesn't know how I can stand eggs the way I make them and that its torture to make the kids eat that garbage (they like them too), asked me why I hadn't taken the garbage outdoors yet, and essentially asked what I had done in the two hours that he had been sleeping! And yeah, he turns into a BABY if I dish something out.

Once I bring it to his attention with specific examples, he can see that, yeah, he has said all that, and then he will usually say "I don't mean that stuff, I'm just playing around" like they have a separate set of rules for their behavior!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011