What do I do? She's a crazy ''grandma'' (kinda long, sorry)

I have a protective order in effect against her son (father of my kids), he's psycho and keeps threatening to kill me, she lied in court saying she's been seeing my kids every other weekend faithfully, and even told the judge she saw them day before court which was a TOTAL lie! She always lies in court, always to make me look bad. I want nothing to do with her, I don't even want to hear her voice. She said she was going to turn me in for not driving with insurance (which I DO have insurance, she's an idiot) she's crazy!!!!!! She lives 8 hours away, so it's not like she sees my kids anymore. She messaged me a few min. ago asking me to answer the phone when she calls to talk to the kids, but in all honesty, i don't want to! she lies, and my kid get upset after she hangs up the phone....(she's 2)

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• So dont...there is no order from the court telling you that you HAVE to let her talk to them right?

Then dont....just "be busy"
    Anonymous

• Im so sorry you have to deal with someone like this. And I say its probably the best to stay away from her
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately youre stuck with her the rest of your life. You dont have to pick up the phone or do anything for her at all. I didnt with my older kids grandparents who believe me are equally insane, but as they have gotten older they have contact with them. So eventually you will have to deal with her and your ex.

Answer by gemgem at 7:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My kids I have a no contact order against there father, so I don't have to deal with him LOL. As far as her, GOD FORBID!!! =[ I want NOTHING to do with her. She's psycho!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Then stop talking to her. Don't answer texts, phone calls, nothing. If you have to change your phone numbers. Tell the phone company that someone is harassing you and won't stop calling, they may change it for free that way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I agree - you don't have to talk to her and you don't have to deal with her - negative people draw negative energy to them - you don't want that around you or your kids. Hang in there Mom and don't let GM from hell get you twisted - GL!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 8:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Change your number, move further away and DONT talk to the nut! If she does NOT have a visitation order from a judge she HAS NO LEGAL RIGHT to see or talk to your kids. And your NOT obligated to make your kids see her or talk to her. Remind the judge this nutty woman is your abusive Ex's Mom and is a liar. Tell the judge you live 8 hour drive away to, get notarized statements of where you were and WHO you were with on the days she claims she was seeing your kid, then ASK the judge to REMOVE the gallery in the court room, because the ex's family is disruptive. You have a legal right to a closed court for child support AND divorce cases. Most people dont know that and never ask to have the gallery removed. BEST of luck to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sounds like this woman his trying to stir up trouble. Some people do that. It doesn't sound to me like this woman is interested in your children but in drama and therefore I would avoid her and protect them. I would also start logging her behavior, documenting texts and so on so when she has lies you have proof at the very least to discredit her stability. If she is eight hours away I would start collecting ATM receipts, taking time stamped photos movie stubs so that if she does do something ridiculous you have a folder of stuff to discredit her. Nuts are hard to predict but easy to destroy. Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you....
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2011