The back scatter xrays emit more radiation than they thought...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/11/tsa.body.scanners/index.html?hpt=T2

what are your thoughts on this latest information?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• 1) that all this scanning everywhere and stuff is why cancer rates stay high
    2) cant you SEE the lawsuits!!!???
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Well, color me surprised!

No, not really. I'm almost certain they knew this already and decided to suppress this info because these machines were for 'the greater good'. If the TSA had any sort of positive track record for actually catching terrorists, I might consider buying that. But they don't. Those machines are not only pointless and humilating, they are also dangerous. Great going, there, people who are supposed to protect us. I'm sleeping better at night, thanks to you guys.

Again, no, not really.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't think I've been less shocked since they announced MJ's nose was fake.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I am kind of getting tired of saying I'm not surprised.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

Me too....very sad isn't it that we now have such low standards on what surprises us?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 9:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Shocker..I'd go for the pat down any day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No, not really. I'm almost certain they knew this already and decided to suppress this info because these machines were for 'the greater good'

agreed
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• But they keep us safe, right? Sarcasm..
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 10:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I do not think that anyone can guess the total devistation until everything is calm and secure. Right now it is a guessing game on how much damage has been done and what will happen next. For me, call me skeptical, but it ain't over till it's over. And the crisis is not over yet. So I expect the worst, call me a negative Nancy, but pray for a good or at least an end to the crisis so the true assesment of the damage done can be evaluated. Good God I just am so sad for the victims and survivors. Fir generations to come the health impacts will be scary and devistating. I would like to think that it won't be - and hope it won't be like that. But will not be shocked to hear how much the destruction and damage was done. Makes me wonder if horse and buggy days before power plants were the glory days.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• What is sad is that we know what to expect from them. We know that we are all expendable, it's no secret that if they can, they will use any "crisis" to make a buck off of us and in this case, looks like the population can be lowered, as well...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2011