Work from home?

Do any of you work from home?
What do you do, how did you get into it?

Searching for work to pay for car repairs, but I am a single mother living with my mother, I take care of my baby all day and only have a High School Diploma...

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're more than welcome to read through it.. Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes i work from home and i babysit for extra cash.
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

And do both of you a favor, and register at your nearest community college

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• What is Melaleuca about? Is anyone here with that? Are they truely legitimate...what do you do for them during the day???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I did Melaleuca and hated it. You have to get people to sign up to receive monthly shipments of their products. You also have to do the same and end up with a lot of stuff. I would not recommend it.

If you'd like info. on Barefoot Books (free to join and you get a free website) or Mia Bella's scented candles, contact me. I'll help you get started with either one!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm a Gift Basket Consultant For La Bella Baskets and it's $1.97 to jump start your business and after just $19.95 a month. If you like more info p.m. me with your fullname and email address:-) I make an income every 2 weeks:-) I love it!! Our purpose is supporting single moms through our Baskets Of Smiles Program:-) No experience needed:-) Training included:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have been a customer with Melaleuca for over 8 years and have a successful business. The above poster is only partly right! Yes, we do shop each month from the company BUT we do not buy things we do not use! I do not have an inventory or things stock piled. Also, it is one of the most legitimate opportunities out there and is a very stable 25 year old company...showing growth even in this recession! If you would like to talk...I would love to hear from you. Even if it is not for you...getting the facts straight tp make an educated decision is best.
    Take Care...Linda www.team4dreams.com
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 10:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I work for ChaCha. Depending on how long I work I get about 300-400 a month. It's not much but it's a start.
    ArmyGal

Answer by ArmyGal at 10:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I did not care for Melaleuca at all. Good product, imo a p poor way of marketing.

I don't think anyone should have to sign up for monthly shipments of anything. Ever. You want something you buy it.

I do like my jewelry though.

http://www.guyandeva.com/polly
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• avon and the slumber partys and the like mary kate and ashley look for the makeup sales
    -ivannabitch-

Answer by -ivannabitch- at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2011