Do you ever feel judged?

There is a lady that I know, and every time I am around her, I feel like she is judging me. It drives me nuts. I have a son that is autistic and she does not get that he really can not control some impulses. We are working on it, but it does take time. It's not just about my son, it's about my husband, my other kids, what I have on.....etc. I am not around her very often, thank God, but, when I have to be around her, I always feel like I am less than. Know what I mean?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 7:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Like pinkdragon, I have had this problem with my mother and my siblings. My son is living with autism, and they refuse to learn anything about his autism, so they live in the land of ignorance, and I guess they like it there. Too bad, they are missing out on an AWESOME young man!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Constantly! And I am! First of all, my husband is younger than me, second of all, he is a foreigner. I am contantly judged by everyone.
    Anonymous

• yes i know what you mean, everytime i am around my mother inlaw i know she judges everything that i do cuz she questions everything!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Only on CafeMom.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes.. But most of they time people judge others because they dont want anyone to look at them.. Try and not let it get to you
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, but those that do, can kick rocks.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i feel your pain, my grandma has something to say about everything, even my complexion and whether im wearing makeup or not
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 8:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have or had this problem with my mom and my aunt now I just learn to ignore them and roll on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• that is awful, but you know what i have a friend the same way, some days i wonder why i am friends with her, when she acts like that her kids areperfect and mine suck, she doesn't say that but it sure comes across that way. I guess the best you can do is try to ignore what she is saying and you can always polietly tell her what you think. you know you are a good person and your son will have some challenges but he is still your son and you love him no matter what and you do not need someone like her putting him down or you. hugs to you!!!!!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Only every time I am out in public with my children. Which is every time I am out in public ;-)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 8:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011