babies learning.....

My future mother-in-law has said that if my daughter skips crawling, and goes straight to walking, that she wont be able to read or learn very well....

so my question is if this is true? and what others moms have experienced with this type of issue????

2008_MOMMy

Asked by 2008_MOMMy at 4:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my experience each child is different. My mother-in-law had some of her children skipping crawling and they grew up very intelligent with no problems.
    MiryamSchechter

Answer by MiryamSchechter at 4:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• with my experience in day cares it the opposite The ones that walk first seem to be the fast learners

Anonymous

• It means NOTHING. Don't listen to OLD PEOPLE. Next time ask her where she got her degree in child development.
    My oldest learned to walk and read the same month - 18 months.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My sister walked at 10 months old,

And she reads and writes well,
    Shes an english teacher lol...

Anonymous

• They say that its not good for babies to go right to walking only because they learn a lot of their hand eye coordination while they crawl. BUT if she does skip it, she will be able to learn just as fast, and every baby is different.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I remember in Psych learning that there is a correlation between babies that go straight to walking and dyslexia. But its just a correlation...its not definitley going to happen, just a higher incidence of it. IDK anyone that it has happened to though.
    TrevorsMommy03

Answer by TrevorsMommy03 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• your future mother in law is jack ass
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My oldest son skipped crawling.....he's 13yrs old and reads at a 12th grade level. Don't listen to her.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2008