Thinking about joining curves...

is anyone doing curves? how much does it cost?
is it working for you?

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i did it a few yrs ago, yes it did work and it was around 30 a month, just call them and get some info, actually i think they offer you a free week. so you can try it out before you commint to it, because i think you have to sign a yr contract.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know several people who have joined Curves and from their experience they have nothing good to say about it. It could be the local owners since it went out of business a few months ago. I would look up the BBB report on your local one and talk with women who actually attend the one that you want to go to.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I went to their facebook page and signed up for a free trial week. I'm hoping to get back into the habit of going to the gym after using the trial week! Wish me luck!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's good just to stay active, but not good for large weight loss. If you are never active and then join, sure you will lose weight but circuit training (like curves) is never going to help you build good muscle or lose much weight, it get boring!
    I love planet fitness myself!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• the thing is and im sorry to say but...............im lazy and if someone don't make me work out or do something i cant do it i get so bored so easy i am not to much over weight im 5 ft 4 in and i weigh 160 but i  don't look big everyone says its mostly muscle i need someone to help me go the extra mile

cielo1

Comment by cielo1 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My friend owns 3 of them in our area. They're great if you get bored or don't have a lot of time, but it really does depend on the individual owner how good the experience is. She puts a lot of work into her members and the clubs and she's got a good reputation. Check out the club and try it out!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm with Jenz....Personally, I wouldn't pay $30 per month for a 30 minute circuit training workout that has to be done in quick change shifts. I'd rather just pay the $10 per month planet fitness membership and do the circuit training at my leisure and have the added bonus of weights and cardio at my disposal.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I worked w/ a girl who went there and lost weight
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would rather work out at home. I think it would be good if you need the motivation.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• tried it and it is so boring good luck you may enjoy it
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011