DH wants a baby now

I am40 years old my DH is 27, we havebeen married for over a year now, when we first started getting serious when we were dating I told him my kids are almost grown and I dont want to start over again, he has no kids, he said it was fine, I said be very sure and he insisted it wasnt that important to him. Now he wants a baby, I feel like maybe I should consider this but I also feel like this was part of the deal and he knew it!! What do you guys think?

NewMrsKay

Asked by NewMrsKay at 8:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• You two should sit down and have a real talk about it.. But I wouldnt just have a baby for him if you really dont want to have anymore
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think that you are partially right, that you cannot just make the executive decision that he will never have a biological child...however, you told him from the start that you did not want another baby. It might be something that you cannot resolve, but I can see how this sort of disagreement might not be able to are able to work out since the views are polar opposite and affect life in such a major way.

For me, I am pregnant with my third, and I thought for sure that he would be ready to be done, but it turns out he is not. I, just MY personal thought, is that if I expect to be with him for life and go through this life as partners, I need to let him have a say in the number of children we have and the way our family is structured.

If it cannot be resolved, it can't, but I know I would probably end up resenting my LP if I wanted more children and he "cut me off".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I had my sixth baby at age 42. It was not planned, but she is a delight, and we are so blessed. I can't imagine life without her in it. Sometimes life takes you to places you nver thought you'd go, but there's a lot to be said for just living the moment and taking what comes. You can't plan out everything in life. Follow your heart. If you still feel sure you don't want a baby, don't have one, but don't not do it just on account of it wasn't in your plan when you got married. KWIM?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011