I was bitten by something in my bed.....

5 days ago i went to bed woke up went to the bathroom and a section of my leg was sore so i look.. and its clear i was bitten by something ( im thinking icky spider ) so i rip up all bedding i see nothing and i washed all bedding. now mind u this was 5 days ago.. i still have a oval shaped red mark i dosent hurt and really dont have any deadly bugs so to speak. ( black widow here and there rare but im not dead ) but i just thought odd.. to still have a mark or rash......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• omg same thing happened to me like four or five days ago i felt it on my knee it hurt and i woke up with a really itchy red mark the next night i got bit two more times on the butt and on the back of my thigh. they really itch i washed all my bedding and stuff to i have no idea what it was i havent seen anything
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I was bit by a spider on my leg. It started out simply as a red itchy spot. It eventually grew to about an inch all the way around. It was red, hot in the middle and hard. It didn't hurt so much itself, but it caused all the muscles in my leg to ache. It got to where I could barely walk. I eventually had to see the Dr. and he prescribed an antibiotic. I think it took about three weeks for it to eventually heal. Spider bites can be very nasty. I know they are extreme, but you can google spider bite images to see if anything looks like yours.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It could be the bite area has become infected as a result of the original bug. I'd give it till Monday and if the rash or other symptoms were still there make an appt. with your dr. The actual animal may not have caused a serious problem, but the healing process may have been compromised by something and become infected.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• With the round ring, I thought maybe a tick and lyme disease, at first, but you would think the tick would still be attached. My LP had similar symptoms after he ripped off a tick when he was hiking a couple years ago and had to get antibiotics.

With what m-avi said, I would maybe wait one more day and then go in and get it checked out. I know with one of my nieces who had an unknown bite, the doctor said to draw a circle around the inflamed part, and check the next day to see if it has gotten larger or smaller, because that makes it easier to tell if you are healing on your own or if you need medical intervention. Worth a shot I guess!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ouch :( Hopefully you will fell better soon
    lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 9:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Take a sharpie and draw a circle and then check tomorrow to see if it has gotten bigger. if it has then call the doc and see about getting an antibiotic.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011