How much do you get for alamoni a month and about how long does it last (we were maried for bout 2 years)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you'll qualify for alimony. Not sure but I think you need to be married longer than that.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I live in Wisconsin and i heard here that you can't get allomony unless you were married 10 yrs. but it might be different with each state.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know that sometimes states will consider "palimony" if you were living together and reliant on each other before you were legally married. What they will want to know is that you have established a lifestyle that you are required to maintain, but are unable to do so on your own due to the dynamics to which you had become accustomed. They might order transitional support to help you get set up with a household you can maintain on your own, but I wouldn't count on longer term support.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Get a job!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011