What do you think about faith healing?

You read about it every once in awhile where a child/adult died due to relying on their faith instead of modern medicine. Wouldn't you think that there comes a time that your child in not getting any better and that a doctor would be the best thing for them?

kscmbz

Asked by kscmbz at 4:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I firmly believe in faith healing, my mother was healed of a brain tumor, and the healing is medically documented! But, my mother regularly went to her doctor's, telling them the whole time that God was going to heal her of the brain tumor, but she followed their orders to the letter! Knowing that God gives the doctor's their wisdom to heal also! It's fine to believe in faith healing, but it's very important to remember that God doesn't always heal everyone in the same way, some are instantanious, some are thru meds and dr's, and sometimes its not his will for us to be healed at all, it's hard to face but everyone dies, if God healed everyone then no one would die, and that's the cycle of life to live then die and go on to eternity, where one never dies!
    jadarain2

Answer by jadarain2 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think adults have the right to make medical decisions for themselves and their children. I do not think it is morally right to deny your child medical treatment for serious medical conditions. An ear infection will most likely clear up on it's own. Cancer needs to be treated. In the end though it is the parents who would grieve and have the burden of guilt not any of us. The government needs to stay out of peoples faith even if that means the parents do not seek out western medicine for their children. I think the only time a parent should be prosecuted for medical negligence is if they did nothing. Believing that faith will heal your child isn't doing nothing. Those people are doing what they honestly think is the best most responsible thing.

lvnmylif

Answer by lvnmylif at 4:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• God make use to be able to learn about medications. God make the medications that can heal us. if God didn't want us to go to the doctor why would he give us the knowledge that we have about cancer and deadly things
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 4:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The most responsible thing to do is to get your child help at all cost. Adults can do what they want but if it means the difference between your child dying or not that is not being responsible.
    Anonymous

• I have faith in God that my insulin is going to work today and unlock the cells so my body can convert the sugar in my blood to energy. Thank God for insulin!! I would have died 15 years ago without it.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I believe there are people that have the gift of being able to heal. It's not something everyone that wants it can have. We all have our own special "gifts". I pray to God for any healing we need but we also use medicine. God gives us the tools we need to make it in life.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It's simple mind over matter... Yes it works! HOWEVER most of us are not as in tune with our own bodies as you need to be to make it work!! It's the placibo effect without the pill... All those people that get better after taking a "sugar" pill are doing it. They believe that the pill is going to make them better, and it does. It's not magic. It's just simply someone believing hard enough in something that it actually becomes a reality... The problem is it's not 100%. As far as I know even those that are REALLY GOOD only have like a 50% success rate... To me... I'll still take the pill. But if you want to try to cure your own cancer simply by believing, go for it. Just make sure your will is current!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• For some the only complete healing occurs at the end of life.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• PRAISE THE LORD .... There are noting wrong with going to the doctor but I know a doctor that has never lost a patient and His name is Jesus. Faith healing can work all the time if you believe in the power of healing if you believe then greater is he that is in me then he that is in the world john 4-4 If you read the book of mark it talks about healing. God has used me to heal. My uncle had cancer and I believe and prayed for him and he was healed because I had FAITH that he was going to be healed. But you have to have the power of the holy spirit.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cont............ Some people us the words like but and if and you can't use but and if in the power of prayer to heal someone cause once you say but you just put doubt in you spirit. Because when you say but you going to use another path if prayer don't work. like medicine or going to the doctor.And he or she breath the same as you the doctor that is! And once you said if you failed in the prayer. But if you stand on the word the true living word of God and do as the bible says lay hands on the sick and THEY SHALL RECOVER. Like Jesus did. Hope this helped love ya in Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2008