If i get full custody how often does the dad see his children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I depends on your parenting plan.

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• *it
    June_Mama09

• It depends on the laws in your state, just because a judge grants full custody to one parent, doesn't mean he/she won't set visitation times/rules for the other parent. It all depends...if you think the dad SHOULD visit with his kids, get visitation set up through the courts. it's a lot less hassle than trying to set up rules with the father, especially if he's hard headed.
    Anonymous

• well if you can agree on something it would be up to the two of you. if you end up in court probably every other weekend
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It really depend on the court, but if you do get full custody I guess it's up to you to set up visitation.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I guess it would depend on the laws in your state, and what the court sets for visitation. You should really ask your lawyer about visitation.
    Anonymous

• my friend has full custody but the dad gets the kid every other weekend (from Sat morn until Sun afternoon). He also gets the kid 1 evening a week for 2 hours. it's going to depend on your situation and weather you end up in court or not.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011