What is wrong with my nephew? He is 2.5 and says his belly hurts and his legs hurt and he looses his balance and squents his eyes

He has been doing this for a few months now. They have taken him a couple times to see the doctor, but they say they can't find anything wrong with him. They took him to the ER about an hour and a half ago I am waiting for them to call me I am scared. He will be 3 in July. He is still in pullups, but my sister doesn't really potty train hom yet he gets it from the daycare so I don't think it would be he is afraid to sit on the potty anyway, he will whin and say his belly hurts then he will want you to pick him up cause his belly hurts. Then he will say his legs hurt then when he walks he like stubles like he is off balance and he runs into something then he will sqint his eyes almost like he can't see. He will even at time clintch to you and cry and say hurt. They say his poop doesn't look like he is constipated. But at times he will even tell you he can't walk and he will start crying. Can anyone give me any advice what this might be? I am woried, he is in the ER now, but you know how the waiting game is.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mystery Diagnosis proves that some illness and conditions are hard to diagnosis. Get more opinoins, take him to different doctors. Something is wrong, don't give up, and don't let the doctors tell you hes okay.....clearly he isn't.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Tell them to check his kidneys, or maybe it could be something neurological. I hope he's okay.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• prayingI will send my prayers your way, especially to the little man

knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• thanks Knicole0708....I just called my sister and then brother in law no answer on both cells so I called my mom which she talked to my sister and they haven't said anything yet of what it could be.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ER's take forever, even to get the patient back! I remember we were in the ER when my gma was in there. I was in the waiting room, a man had to be brought in on a wheelchair, they took his blood sugar and it was 250!!!! He was a small man, and they didn't even seem concerned, he had to wait ''patiently'' in the waiting room to be called. I hope everything is okay with the little man, and I will be praying for him and your family. Please keep us posted!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• thanks everyone. I finally talked to my sister she said they said they ruled out anything mager and they think he might be lactose intolerance. They said they didn't see any poop like he was backed up, but a lot of gas. So she has to stop giving all dairy for a few days to see if that helps. Which he does eat a lot of cheese he loves cheese. He also eats a lot of yogurt he lovees loves loves yogurt. So thanks everyone that said a prayer for him.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011