Is this okay?

My hubby and I had a fight and he left. We've been married for 4 yrs and lived 3 by my parents. When we fought then, he used to leave and say its their place and not his. But now we have our own apartment and he still left. Didn't tell me where or when he'll be back. Called and he doesn't even acknowledge being wrong and says he'll call when he is coming home. Wouldn't this hurt you?

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Uh, yeah, that would definitely hurt my feelings, and probably piss me off too. But it's probably for the best that he walked away instead of continuing the fight. Maybe he just needed a breather. It's still not nice to let you at least know when he'll be home.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If my husband did that to me... he'd come home to his bags packed on the porch and the locks changed... You have every right to be upset... it's one thing to try to get away from a fight but it's another to fall off the radar completely like a child.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would definitely be hurt, and I don't get hurt easily. Dont let this continue, girl! Think about it this way, is it better for your children to have their father and mom together but have to listen to them fighting all the time and watch mommy be upset, or is it better for them to have a single mommy in a peaceful home?
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 9:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Depends on the severity of the fight. If it was just an argument and he needed to get out of the apartment to collect his thoughts, I would completely understand because I would rather that then him say something he doesn't mean out of anger. I think having his bags packed and the locks changed is completely ridiculous. People argue and have their own ways of dealing with it. At least he was still answering his phone and said he would call when he was headed home. Give him his space to get some fresh air and everything will be fine!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• The thing is he knows I hate being left alone in the apt. Crime is really high in the caribbean country I live. he knows this. And so far its one here and he's still not home. That means he's been gone for five hours.
    gutterflower585

Comment by gutterflower585 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• agree w finkette
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well for him to be gone for more than a few hours tells me that it must of been a serious arguement and either he is still mad or just tired of being there.
    When he does come home, don't argue with him just tell him we need to talk and tell him how you felt about him being gone for a few days and ask him if he want's out of the marriage because it's not good for him to be gone that long makes you wonder where he has been staying.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• yes it would sorry to hear that has happened.
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011