baby food

how many days can i keep a jar of baby food if its open i started my daughter on number two and she didnt finnish it all yet.

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 4:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know the answer to this either. I have a five month old who has just started trying some different kinds of solids and on the jars it says not to keep them more then two days after they are open, but what five month old eats a whole jar of food in two days?? I think there's something we don't know. LoL.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 4:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Once open throw it away
    Anonymous

• if you refrigerate it after she eats whatever she eats... you need to use it within 24 hrs. as long as its closed... its the same as refrigerated formula.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• other answers sound about right but if your baby isnt finishing a jar you could divide it up into serving sizes that she WILL eat and freeze the left overs and thaw what she will use the night before. Less waste if thats your concern
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i agree with humaniterian but i just started my daughter on solids today and she already ate two jars in one day, two bowls of cereal, and a 4 oz bottle with each bowl of food, is that too much for a five month old?
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• it depends on what brand you buy, like with gerber once you open it its like 2 or 3 days then you have to throw away, if its natures goodness you have to throw it away right away after opening..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008