When do you start tactating when you are pregnant?

Lilpeanutx33

Asked by Lilpeanutx33 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• ???
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• did you mean lactating?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm Hoping you mean lactating , I started to produce milk the day after my son was born.

lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 9:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It varies. Some women leak colostrum during pregnancy, which is normal. Others don't see any milk until after they deliver, which is also normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I started leaking colostrum in my 3rd trimester with both pregnancies. My milk came in 3 days after birth with my first and about half a day after birth of my second.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• the process of lactation begins at 16 wks(its when your body starts producing the hormone that causes lactation) its called prolactin. but you wont leak milk cuz it doenst come intill a few days after baby's birth, the first few days of life all baby needs to eat is colostrum which is also given the name golden liquid it is packed full of antibiotics some woman leak colostrum before delivery others dont
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011