AGE GAP

I have a 21 months old daughter and just found out we are expecting and due in November. Thats means they will be about 29 month apart. Is that a good gap? I hope I wont have to deal with the issues of my DD being too jealous and acting out or being too rough with a new baby.

SARAHBIGGS1987

Asked by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that's a good age difference. My son was 28 months when my daughter was born. I had the same worry that my son would. Be jealous but he was excited when she was home and we made sure to give him lots of love and attention and its still great
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 9:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I personally feel 2-3 years is a good gap and how nature intended things. If you nurse in general most women do not ovulate until around 12-18 months so they can't get pregnant until then. Nature designed things that way for a reason IMHO. My children are 25 months apart and we completely let nature space them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son was 25 months when our youngest was born. They're now 2 1/2 and 5 months and the oldest one is doing fine! He does get jealous at times but for the most part when I tell him I need to get the baby, he understands. He's so gentle with him too, giving him hugs and kisses. I admit it can be tough at times but in a few years it's going to be great when they're playing with each other! Congratulations and good luck!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It seems good. GL!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 5:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011