Mamogram?

When is a good age? I'm 28, cant figure out a self breast exam for the life of me, had my first babe 8 months ago... want to know if the aches and bumps are from hormones or not.. BTW, I pumped the first two weeks, then let myself dry up. Baby was in NICU, couldnt produce.

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 4:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• I am 36 and just had my first "baseline" one a couple of weeks ago. If your having trouble with the self test, I would suggest talking to your ob/gyn to show you how to do it correctly, or going on the internet and finding a web site that show you ( I'm sure there's one out there). The best time to do a self test is the week after your period. If I had to guess, I would say your breasts are still recovering from birth and breast feeding. I would encourage you to continue the self tests though, even if you think your doing it wrong. You are the one who knows your body the best and early detection is the best. Hope this helps
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2008