Bladder infections??

i just got a call yesterday from my ob and he says i have a bladder infection but i dont have any symptoms. anyone else get them during pregnancy?

mommie_of02

Asked by mommie_of02 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got one once. Drink more water!!! :-)
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, I had one when I was 37 weeks. I would recommend taking what ever they prescribe you, because if you don't it's possible for it to progress to a kidney infection. Also, bladder infections can dehydrate you, and dehydration can cause contractions. That's actually how I found out I had one. I was having contractions all day, but they weren't really following any sort of pattern. The doctor suggested coming to the hospital, where I was monitored, and my urine was tested, and I believe I was given IV fluids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yep I did. Hurts like hell. I have them often because I have a bladder defect. It's easily treated though during pregnancy, get your ob to recommend something.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, it is entirely possible to have an infection without signs. In fact, during pregnancy, it's rather common. Getting a cranberry suppliment is a good way to fight it off, especially if it's still light enough that it's not causing issues. Cranberry changes the pH of your urine making it a hostile environment for the bacteria. Drink plenty of water to help flush your system. When you go to the bathroom make sure you wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from being brought to the urethrea. After having sex, go pee to push out any bacteria that has been pushed into the urethrea. If you start to notice signs that it's progressing instead of getting better have your doctor prescribe some antibiotics and be sure to take a probiotic with it to prevent a yeast infection from occurring.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yup, with all 3
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2011