How far apart

do you think one should space out their children in age?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DD will be 2 1/2 when our baby is born in Nov. I've heard thats a good gap but I guess I will find out! lol Good Luck
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If I see people with kids close together I always say to my dh how do they do it? I couldn't do it that close? But I don't judge it is their own business. I say have them as close as you want or as far as you want just saying I personally couldn't do it lol. My second daughter was born in january then 3 months later in april my first turned 3 years. So they were nearly 3 years apart. I am pregnant with my 3rd now and this baby is due Auguest 9th. So my oldest will be just over 6.5 and my second will be just over 3.5.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• There is no right answer. My kids will be at least 4 years apart, seeing that I'm not PG yet ad my son turned 3 in the past Jan.

My brothers were 13, 11 and 6 when I was born.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Personally I think the way nature intended which on average ends up to be about 2-3 years. If you nurse on demand on baby's schedule most women do not ovulate until the child is about 12-18 months old and thus can't get pregnant until then.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think everyone is different. There isn't one correct time. Where one has challenges, so will the other....just different challenges.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• it all depends on how far apart you want them. mine are 3 years, 2 years and 2 months right now... there are 16 months between my first two and then 26 months from baby #2 to baby #3.... we are hoping for baby #4 to be around 16 months younger than my little one... better get working on that!
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2011