How do i know if im having contractions?

i dont know if im having contractions or not.

Im in pain though.

Im having pains wrapping around my back and right below my stomach. I guess it would be where her head was last time the doctor checked. its coming and going maybe a coupld minutes apart. One just went away. So im waiting for another.

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Watch the clock! If they are spaced out and predictable call your doc.
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ok they arent lasting long.
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• push (lightly) on the top of you belly right at the bottom of your ribs...it should be pretty soft. then when you have a contraction push in the same spot. if it's a true contraction it should get hard as a rock.... I always thought it was when your whole belly got hard but my doc corrected me and said thats the way to do it. GL :) the pain should also be in the whole belly...if it's just at the bottom you might want to try drinking some water if they subside then you were a little dehydrated.... but dont hesitate to call the doc if you need him.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ^ agreed! and you wont be able to do anything while they are happening, cuz they are so pain full
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• how many weeks are you..if you very close to your due date than its most likly your body getting ready for birth, this happend to me with my first and it happened to a gf of mine just try to lay down and relax your getting a baby real soon and life will never be the same.. ALSO when you have a real contraction you will not have to ask you will know...they hurt
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 11:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• could be? relax and see if they go away or not.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2011