at what age do you stop horseplay

My 17 yr old is a good size jock, she's solid so I don't mess with her, lol! but my 15 yr loves it! Is there anything wrong with moms horseplaying with their teens? I also horseplay with my 4 yr old and hate the fact that his dad just sits there and I'm the one that like to have this type of fun just makes me think there's something wrong with this piture. I have 4 kids that have only been tickled by their mom not their dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't think theres anything wrong with that, im 19 and still carry on with my mom. You maybe just have a different relationship with your kids then your husban does, doesn't mean either of you love them less or more. Enjoy your kids and don't worry about how you spend time with them as long as you are. thats all they are going to remember.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 5:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• theres nothing wrong with horseplaying with your kids at any age. As far as your husband goes he might not get involved because that just isnt his style. Im sure he expresses his affection towards his children in a different way. If it really bugs you read the book The Five love Languages for parents by Gary Chapman. It is very enlightening
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My husband is 30, and he and his mom still goof around like that. I think it's wonderful!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it. My 3yr old will ask to be tickled and dare us to catch him. It's fun.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• no nothing wrong with it
    miamimom2

Answer by miamimom2 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2008