Can I be Preggers on Mirena?! {:\

So here it is..I am on Mirena, and (in a few hours) will be 2 days late for my period; which have been regular for 4 1/2 years now. I had it place August 2006. I have cramps, moddiness, backache, tender breasts, and have taken a pregnancy test. Which came out negative (I did not used first morning urine) I just went for what I knew. I have 2 more tests on reserve that my poor excited husband gladly ran out to get (bless his soul). I am not sure if I am indeed not preggers, or could I be getting a false result because of ectopic prgnancy or something. I am ready to pull my shiny brunette tresses out at this point. WTheck should I do? Anyone have this issue ever, and ended up prego? Helllllp me please; and thanks so much for reading this. {:/

BurpleNurples

Asked by BurpleNurples at 9:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i know someone that got pregnant off of it..
    good luck
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Call dr. Have it taken out- I had 2- the second one was awful and I'm so glad it was taken out!!!! If you think you may be preg, get it out!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Mirena is bad news. It screws with your body really bad. Look up all the complaints on it! I've even seen your complaint on the list! Our friend's wife had it and had to have a hysterectomy at age 29. He caused her to hemmorage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It could happen I would call the doc first thing on monday and get a blood test... an IUD pregancy is not always a good thing.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• LOL Mirena caused her to hemmorage...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know someone who had an ectopic on mirena. I had an ectopic (not on mirena), but it took 5 weeks 2 days to show up on a pregnancy test for me. I know everyone is different. Sometimes when you have an ectopic your HCG levels spike fast and sometimes they lay low like mine did. I would call your doctor on Monday if you still haven't gotten it. With my ectopic I have bad cramps on one side and I also had horrible bowel pressure when I went to the bathroom.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If you are, which is RARE with Mirena, go to the doc ASAP. It can be life threatening. Personally, I would call Monday morning if your pregnancy tests have all turned out negative to be sure. If you get a positive test, go to the emergency room.
    I have had Mirena since 2008 with no issues.
    1plustwinsmommy

Answer by 1plustwinsmommy at 10:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i had i didnt get pregnant that i know of but i had alot of pain and random bleeding i got cyst my period omost went away completely..i took it out after two years couldnt take it anymore
    kiya_ma

Answer by kiya_ma at 10:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know of a girl who got pregnant on the mirena and it was a bad deal... I would call your doc monday!!!
    KendraCagle

Answer by KendraCagle at 10:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• there are lots of people that have gotten preggers on any kind of BC... it is possible.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2011