Should I be worried about my 8 months old weight?

At his 6 months old he was about 14 or 15lbs. And now at 8 months old, he is now and still is 15 lbs. And, we went to see a pediatrician on Thursday of last week and he said that Jayden is healthy and is eating well. And he told us that we shouldn't worry about his weight until he is a year old, then it might be and issue. But he has another appointment with the pediatrician next month so I am hoping his weight will be a better.

kaynadjaysmom28

Asked by kaynadjaysmom28 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry about it right now as long as he is eating good, my youngest daughter has always been little, when she was a baby I had WIC tell me to feed her ice cream & cookies because they said she was too thin. She wore size 3 -6 months until she was 11 months old. She is now 8 and only weighs 45lbs but she is healthy so thats all that matters.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• did they say it was okay to start him on solids or??

i would...
    i did way before the 8 month thing,

feed him table food too,
    Anonymous

• No... babies weight wont change that much now... my son is also 8 months. he has only gained a pound since septmember... i freaked. my dr. said that babies weight normally tapper off at about this age because they are so active. (( he weighs 19 lbs)) My son does eat solids and we have tried him on table food... just a few. i wouldnt worry to much about it. how long is he?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My dd was 20lbs and wore a 2t between 6-8 months. Well now she is 2 and she is 27 lbs but still wears a 2t. She has slimmed out and is now tall. She was around 20lbs for a long time. She was gaining so much weight until she hit 20lbs and then it really slowed. If your doctor says its fine I would not worry about it
    misssy2000

Answer by misssy2000 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• What is your baby eating?
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• go with what your doctor says. If they say it fine then its fine. A previous mom made a very good point about the activity level skyrocketing around this age and that burns a lot more calories.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• witch pediatrician do you go to? i would say ask for a second opionon.. and start feeding him solids, and some finger foods like chrackers and such..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• He is almost 70cm in height. I feed him baby food the one with meats, vegetables,rice and spaghetti. And he also have cereal, formula and fruits. And, I am going to see a Dietician soon they have to give me a call to set an appointment for him. Well, he had an update with the nurse today and she is happy how much he had developed in the last month, but she is only a little bit concern with his weight. Today he weighed 15lbs. 13oz.
    kaynadjaysmom28

Answer by kaynadjaysmom28 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008