Do you think Japan will rebuild

before we finish rebuilding the after effects in Louisiana and the 4th Ward?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Japan WILL and always does rebuild. But Id be SERIOUSLY worried that one or more of their nuclear plants is already melting down. Japan sits on top of one of the most active volcanic zones. That means 15 thousand degree or more lava close to the surface. If the reactor melts down into a lava area, will it explode like a nuclear bomb??? Food for thought.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Of course. They are resilient, motivated and educated to recover. And they own a goodly portion of our debt...so let us not put any roadblocks in their way.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Of course.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Japan won't rebuild. The US will rebuild them. *sarcasm intended*
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, they will get past this sad tragedy over time.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Japan will rebuild with the money the US gives them, and thry will recover stronger then they are now. All their buildings have state of the art building codes stuff that the people in Cali need and I see pics in the news and see the city and all the high rise business bldgs still standing after a unprecedented 8.9 quake, 5th largest ever in recorded history. Its been only 5 yrs since Japan had a 7.0 quake, and unless u knew where to look, u didn't see damage anywhere, and they rebuildt stronger bldgs, even have a "earthquake" alert system and at the least sign of a approaching quake, they put out a warning, which is probably why there isn't more people dead. Now u have to wonder why the US doesn';t have any of this tech? Cali is just as earthquake prone as Japan. Oh ya I remember, our government, and the habit they got of sending money to everyone else before they send it to us.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Japan has proven to have their shi% together and we pretend to!
    ====
    That's because they actually work rather than bitch and moan about everything.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sadly, yes. I believe so. Also news reports of pulling together, no looting, and truly they had planed as a country for disasters and are able to put some of those in place. I look at where I live on a fault line. We joke about it but do not believe something will happen. My guess looting, violent crime, and total inability to even no where to begin by the citizens. To be fair we do have a disaster response team that drills and is very well trained. But as the average citizen we are not prepared. I admire their planning and continued courage and strength. I have great respect for the people of N.O. but planning, drilling, training, and pulling together was not seen on every level. Maybe we can learn from Japan. They have pulled from the ashes and rubble before - I hope and have faith it can be done again and may God be with them in their time of need.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't know if u all know there is a fault system called "New Madrid Fault" The fault system extends 150 miles southward from Cairo, Illinois through New Madrid and Caruthersville, Missouri, down through Blytheville, Arkansas to Marked Tree, Arkansas. It dips into Kentucky near Fulton and into Tennessee near Reelfoot Lake, and extends southeast to Dyersburg, Tennessee. It crosses five state lines, and crosses the Mississippi River in at least three places.(google search).
    FEMA has told the other government officals that "a serious earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone could result in 'the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States" Then they further predicted "a widespread and catastrophic" damage across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri
    cont>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011