What program should I follow to teach my preschooler at home?

Hi ladies, my son turned 4 years old last month and I was wondering if you know of a curriculum for me to follow to get him ready for school. He is in a 4 year program, but most of the time is play. I would like to follow a program that will teach him. We have a great time doing homework and want to take advantage of this time to teach him at home before he enters kindergarten. What do you think of hooked on phonics? Is there a website that has a curriculum that I can follow (homeschool) that you like?
Thank you in advance for your help. I can't wait for hear all the advice and ideas.

psanta5

Asked by psanta5 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bet that if you look around you could find some stuff on homeschooling Montessori style. If I was going to spend the money on a 4 year program anyway, (preschool?) I would just find a Montessori preschool to enroll him in. Then I would have some Montessori stuff at home & lots of crafts & wholesome toys, etc.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I've never tried Hooked on Phonics. We use www.abeka.com. I used to work at a Christian Preschool that used the curriculum and have been using it with our son
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011