Prenatal Massage

How many of you have had prenatal massages with your pregnancy, Ive been looking into and they are really expensive 95$ for 55mins. Is this the normal rate? This is my second baby and I have had massages in the past but not while pregnant so I know it would be worth it. Im just wondering other peoples experiences with them?

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 10:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had them thru the whole thing. I went to my normal massuse (sp). She knew prenatal massage so I didn't have to pay any different than normal ($45 for an hour).

I have found that prenatal isn't really all that much different than normal massage. They just have to watch pressure points. So, as long as the person doing it, knows prenatal massage, there is no need to go to someone who specializes in it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I had one with my first and it helped my back alot. Mine was alot cheaper than that. I think $45 for 60 mins. I'm getting one this Friday with this baby and I think it was $75 for an hour, but it was a gift. Just call around. You would be surprised at how many places do it. My Aveda hair salon even has them. Most spas do them also.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• yes, i had one with my second... it really relaxed me, and it helped get those little aches and pains in check for a short time
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 5:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i did have them with my first... not really worth it i guess, but they were a gift. i wouldn't have paid for them.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011