I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ONLY REPLY IF YOU CAN HELP NO RUDE COMMENTS PLEASE!

MY BF AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS EVER SINCE HIS MOM HAS DIED IN FEB 14 2008. I AM NOT SURE W WHAT 2 DO WE HAVE BEEN GOING OUT ALMOST 2 YRS AAND HAVE A 9 MONTH DD! I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING MY OWN PLACE BUT I JUST STARTED WORKING AN CAN'T AFFORD IT AT THE MOMMENT BUT IM NOT SURE HOW 2 HANDLE THIS WHAT WOULD U DO? HE NEVER WANTS 2 GO WITH ME 2 SPEND TIME WITH ME OR MY FAMILY!

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Communicate. That's my best advice. My husband and I had a small rough patch after my dad passed away. I was very down about it and didn't feel like talking much, but opening up to him really helped. Once we were able to communicate with each other it changed dramatically. Talk to him. Be kind. Just try and see if he's willing to talk and let you know what's going on. If he cares for you, he'll find it in himself to be open and honest with you. Good luck.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It is hard to lose your mom. It has been 6 yrs for me and I still have trouble dealing with it. I would try to stick it out. He is going through a lot especially if they were close. He may be depressed about it. I know it can't be easy for you. If you feel you need to get out because it isn't easy you and your baby are most important. Just try to talk and see what is going on. He probably needs some support. Unless you lost someone close it is hard to understand. Hubby at times has trouble understanding me. This last month has been really hard on me and for a week I was a mess. GOOD LUCK!!!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Let him know how your feeling.If it is really not working then apply for low income housing for you and your dd.Get things in place for child support and visits and so on.
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It has be a very short time since his mother died. My mom died a year ago, a week after my son was born, and I havent even begun to get over it. - its made me have anger flare ups, crying episodes and just depression - I have curledu p into myself and not let my partner in at times...but what has really helped is my boyfriends support and patience. I dont know what I would do without it.

Yes, I always apolgoise for the way I am too because if it upsets him too much he always lets me know and we talk through it.

Let him know how you feel but if you love him you will work it out and try to be there for him to be open with you.

If you are really not interested in making it work, it isnt fair to just stay with him because you cant afford a place.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Would he be receptive to the idea of counseling? If he is depressed it will effect both of your lives and your relationship. My DH totally distanced himself from my and DS when his mom died so I know how you feel, I did end up leaving for 8 months, but we were able to work through it when he finally went to a counselor.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• thats what i told him last night that my dd and i r gonna get a place an kinda have some distance for awhile he can come c her anytime he wants but i think we need some space and he won't go get help he says he can deal with it him self
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008